GreenTree Cooperative Grocery
The GreenTree Cooperative community seeks to provide healthy, earth-friendly food that meets high quality standards and to provide information and education to the greater community, which allows people to make informed choices about their own health and their impact on the greater environment.
We seek to promote a healthy world where people engage in sustainable lifestyles with a reduced need for petroleum and where cooperative enterprise is the foundation of a sustainable economy.
- We believe that healthy food makes healthy, well-balanced people who can then carry the spirit of cooperation and good health into the community.
- We encourage informed choices by providing information and education to our members and our community about healthy lifestyles, human rights, healthy food and the environment.
- We are committed to maintaining the economic viability of the Co-op. We believe that a cooperative is a truly democratic undertaking and that all members are essential to the promotion and well being of the cooperative experience. We seek to promote cooperative ownership by fostering member involvement and responding to member needs.
- We value the diversity in our membership and our community and the larger cooperative network.
- We model ethical business and employment practices by acting with honesty, integrity, and respect in the workplace and marketplace.
- We do our part to promote a sustainable economy by supporting organic and sustainable food production and other environmentally and socially responsible business locally, regionally, and nationally.