National Cooperative Grocers Association (NCGA) is a business services cooperative for retail food co-ops located throughout the United States. We represent 136 food co-ops operating nearly 180 stores in 37 states with combined annual sales of over $1.5 billion and over 1.3 million consumer-owners. NCGA helps unify natural food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and ultimately offer more value to natural food co-op owners and shoppers everywhere. View our brochure.
Mission & Ends Statements
Mission: NCGA will provide the vision, leadership and systems to catapult a virtual chain of food co-ops to a position of prominence in the natural foods industry.
Ends (Global): NCGA embodies the aspirations of its members through integration and programs that provide the capacity of a chain while supporting the autonomy of a local business. The benefits of NCGA membership warrant the resources and participation required of its members.
Further, on behalf of NCGA members, the association accepts responsibility for these outcomes:
- A dynamic and transparent organization with clear and meaningful ways for members to participate.
- Members are successful in a competitive market and have access to:
- competitive pricing
- professional development and training
- product selection & sourcing tailored to common needs
- operational and merchandising best practices
- A powerful advocacy voice for food co-op issues.
- A development mechanism for new and expanding co-ops.
- Members adhere to agreed upon program standards
Learn more about participating in NCGA.